This photo shows the Fallon Theatre in the 1930s, after Stone and Hull completed their renovations
1930 brought major changes. Flood retired from show business. The New Rex Theatre and its competitor, the Palace Theatre were both purchased by Henry A. Stone of McGill and W.G. Hull of Ely. McGill and Hull decided to close the Palace and work exclusively out of the New Rex.
Projectionist Milton "Spot" Yoeman standing in the Fallon Theatre with equipment capable of playing "talkies," or movies with sound.
But by now, the Rex was already out of date. Talkies, movies with sound, had been out for 3 years, but the theater couldn’t play them. Massive renovations were done to fix the problem. This included sound and electrical reworks, allowing Fallon to hear the stars for the first time.